Welcome to Attorneys' Title Services

12428 San Jose Blvd #1
Jacksonville, FL 32223

(904) 260-0105

Mon - Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Closed Saturday & Sunday

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development or HUD administered federal aid to local housing agencies that offer housing for low-income residents at rent amounts that they can afford. If you are a low-income homeowner or tenant and are in need of legal assistance, our attorney team at Attorneys’ Title Service can help you get the assistance you need. For individuals facing foreclosure and needing Emergency Assistance, finding HUD-approving housing is imperative. If you’re a homeowner or are interested in becoming one and are looking for advice, our team can help you.

Beginning in 2011, HUD launched an Emergency Homeowner Assistance Loan Program that provides financial assistance to homeowners who are facing foreclosure. Our team can help you to find a counseling agency in your area to get the assistance that you deserve.

Fair Housing Rights

HUD also is responsible for ensuring that no individual is discrimination against in regards to religion, sex, disability, family status, national origin, race or color in terms of hours. Housing discrimination complaints can be made with the help of our legal team.

Some things that are prohibited in terms of housing and warrants a complaint includes and is not limited to:

  • Deny a dwelling
  • Refusal to rent housing
  • Falsely deny that housing is available for sale or rental
  • Provide different housing facilities for someone based on their race, sex, gender, etc.
  • Advertise or make a statement that indicates any type of limitation based on color, religion, race, sex, family status or disability

Other incidents that may warrant legal action and/ or a HUD complaint and our help include:

  1. Your landlord is evicting you for no valid reason.
  2. Your landlord is evicting you without proper court procedures.
  3. Your landlord won’t make repairs
  4. Your landlord is breaking your lease agreement
  5. You have been discriminated against (see above).

Submitting a HUD Complaint

When submitting a complaint, you must include:

  1. Name and address
  2. Name and address of the person your complaint is against known as the respondent
  3. The address of the housing
  4. A description of the violation (our legal team can help here)
  5. The date of the violation

Our team will send this letter to the regional office nearest to you. Once HUD receives the complaint, they will notify both you and the violator of the complaint and allow them to answer. They will investigate the complaint and determine whether there is reasonable cause to believe that the Fair Housing Act was violated. This will occur within 100 days of your complaint. They will try to reach an agreement with the respondent and if one develops, an agreement is signed and no further action is taken.

If they can’t come to an agreement or believe the agreement was breached, they will recommend that the Attorney General file suit against the respondent. Should this occur, we can help you throughout the entire legal process. All individuals are allowed affordable, safe and clean housing, despite their age, gender, religion, family status or if they have a disability.

If you feel that your rights may have been violated or you are in need of low-income housing, our attorneys at Attorneys’ Title Services can help. Contact us today for a free consultation at 904-260-0105. If you’re experiencing any of these problems, we can help!


Call Now Button